Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Free Papa John's Pizza!

I posted this video last month after having an incredible experience with Papa John's and their customer service representatives.

I have a long work history in the pizza industry from service to management and I am so impressed with Papa John's as a company recently that I find myself here commending them once again.

Here is the video I originally posted:



To break it down for you in case it was hard to follow the first couple minutes:
My room mate wanted to order pizza one night. Since she didn't have a Papa Rewards Points membership I asked if we could place the order on my account. I hadn't ordered since moving in to the house, and was sad to see our address was "out of range". Not wanting to lose the points for the order (points are given for orders placed online only), I contacted the restaurant to see what my options were. The manager told me to order online using the "Carry Out" option and then to call him back and he would override the system to allow delivery.

I did what I was told and later in the evening e-mailed the website to see if that needed to be how I ordered from then on. They responded that it was.

So a week down the road I was informed via e-mail that I was a winner in the Million Pizza Giveaway. When we ordered that pizza, we received another e-mail saying we won again!! I ordered the second FREE pizza and went to pick it up - along with a couple 20Oz Cokes. The next day we were notified that because we purchased Coke products with our pizza we won a free music download.

Following all of that excitement, I received a postcard in the mail granting me a free pizza of my choice, signed personally by the General Manager at my neighborhood location.

I was completely blown away by this, honestly feeling borderline guilty for the overload of free pizza. That led me to making the video above.

Fast Forward A Month:

Just as I was discussing with my friends and room mates that we didn't see a single pizza commercial during Superbowl 2012, I caught a glimpse of the story online that Papa John's was giving a free pizza and two-liter of Pepsi Max away to every Papa Reward Points member because some of us participated in a coin toss prediction and were correct. I did not participate in that, but I did get a free pizza code around 8PM last night in my e-mail.

Instead of spending millions on a 30 second ad, they are putting that money towards giving away millions of free pizzas. Kudos, Papa John's for going above and beyond to keep your customers happy. Other consumer brands should seriously consider adopting your marketing and customer relation strategies.

#FreePapaJohns
@PapaJohns

A few things to keep in mind when redeeming your free pizza, and any other time you order:
- Tip your driver or server at least 20% of the non-discounted price. You would be surprised how many people do not tip even when an order is free, and with an overload of these free orders coming in over the next week, the drivers will especially appreciate a generous gratuity from you.
- Consider ordering a side item like cheese sticks or chicken wings to help the store control P+A. Promos and allowances should be under a certain % of daily sales. You can bet your behind that Papa John's is taking a HUGE hit in that area with this promotion. I estimate about 30% of their daily sales for the next few days will be P+A.
- Provide a phone number you are available at, a correct and complete address including any special instructions that would be helpful to the driver, and turn on a porch light that illuminates your house number.

Enjoy your free pizzas, Papa John's lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment