Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thoughts About Kim Kardashian

Just got home from a Silpada party with friends. I ordered a couple new pairs of earrings and a ring. In May I will be hosting a party and I will share the link so you can order something if you'd like.

After I got home from the party, I singed in to Youtube. One of the videos recommended for me to watch was "Brandy's Message to Kim Kardashian". Following that I was redirected to the video below:


In the process of posting this I was considering how I wanted to word it. When I clicked on the embed option for sharing the video, I got the message: "embedding has been disabled by request". That pisses me off. So. now I'm not really going to censor my thoughts on the topic.

Kim Kardashian went through with a wedding and got divorced less than three months later. She committed to spending her entire LIFE with someone, and less than 100 days later she threw in the towel? There is no excuse other than physical violence. How difficult could it honestly be to make a relationship work in that privileged of a life? The excuses are a complete load of crap. If Kim truly thinks that 72 days is a valid effort towards a lifetime commitment, then someone in her immediate circle of trust needs to give her a reality check. The whole sham of a marriage and the quickly following divorce was a slap in the face to her fans, but Kim didn't care. She made her money, got her publicity. Ever heard the phrase, 'any publicity is good publicity'? I'm sitting here writing this blog, correct?

Kim knows dear old mom will write the script that makes it all better. Interviewers will ask the right questions that put her in a positive light. She's only concerned about the image, being the shell of a person who publicists, editors, and writers must worry about portraying as a multi-faceted, praise-worthy personality.

Gag me with a freaking spoon!!

Her publicist (Kris?) obviously realized the potential damage that could be done by the above video going viral, and requested it not be embeddable (is that a word?). That speaks volumes to me, personally.

I think that Kim's actions over the past few years have been despicable - from sex tapes to scandalous credit card companies and now a fraudulent marriage. She has been rewarded for her poor choices with fame and is a shining example of how rotten characters really can use their looks to become successful.

I remember the first time I watched the Kardashians show, they were out at a cabin during the winter and Kim was throwing an unbelievable hissy fit that would put a 5 year old to shame. That was the real brat she is. The one you sometimes see lashing out in the show these days. Most of the time they candy coat her bitchiness and script scenes that redeem her, but take the recent text to Khloe for example. That's Kim.


The rest of the cast is awesome: Khloe is down to earth. No uber-Christian parents are going to encourage their children to aspire to be like Khloe, but in all reality I think that most parents would be pleased if their children grew up to be women like the one we all have witnessed Khloe become.

Anyone able to comply with the expectations Kourtney sets for herself in life would do themselves a great service by doing so. She has always been a vision of class and self respect.

Kris is a devoted, loving, concerned mother who also manages the girls and I have to say does a great job at that.

Bruce, what negative thing can you say about him? What a guy. And the RC helicopters, lol.


Scott has quite a unique perspective to share which is always interesting.

Lamar is chill, same with the brother.

What's frustrating to me is that I really like everyone on the show other than Kim. If I thought the whole family was fake and greedy like her I wouldn't watch, but what happens is that I enjoy the show up until I see Kim. Then, I am reminded that she pimped out the loyalty of her fans and didn't even care to hide it from them for more than 75 days. It was just a blatant, remorseless publicity stunt.

I blame Youtube for recommending the videos they did which got me all worked up about this. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment