Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lancome Haul: Sparkling Cherub, Hot Number Gloss

In a recent post, I told you that my grandma and I discussed my experience with Rimmel London. Well, that same day we went with my sister to the mall. 

We found ourselves at the Lancome counter; my sister being passed between cosmetic assistants as they worked on the perfect beauty remedy. Meanwhile, Grams took me over to reiterate the importance of a proper lipstick shade (and the necessity of color in general). I picked up and swatched a few shades of Lancome's Color Fever Gloss. I swatched "Hot Number" and instantly ran over to show my sister (preoccupied) and grandma how sparkly fabulous it was. 

Grandma put off her conversation with the Lancome representative only long enough to say, "That's very pretty. It's much better than that one you have on now!"

I was slightly confused, because the lip product I was wearing was the "Champagne" Lancome lipstick that she had given to me, literally, as we left home that morning. 

She continued on chatting with her new friend, lifting my hand up for observation and saying:
"Look at this hideous gray nail polish she is wearing! It's too dark in my opinion. I would never wear it. It's not feminine."

That's when I realized, her original statement was a comparison of the lip gloss I swatch to my nail polish color. Giggling, I informed her we were looking at a swatch of lip gloss. 

As we left the mall later on, she told me I should save up my money and go back to get it.

I went home from my grandparents house with quite a few new products thanks to the advice of my grandma and I'm planning to do a video showing what I've learned.  One of the products she gave me was the Lancome Champagne lipstick. 

For weeks afterward, I couldn't forget about the gloss. So last Sunday I finally took advantage of a great deal Lancome was offering and placed an order on their website. I ordered the Hot Number Color Fever Gloss and the Sparkling Cherub Illuminating Powder.  Because the total was over $60, I qualified for a free 7-piece gift and a makeup bag - plus free shipping and a free sample. 

It's six days later (shipping was free); I got home early this afternoon and my Lancome package was at the door! 

Watch the unboxing and see swatches:


The nail polish my Grams so passionately disliked was the Rimmel polish I got that had a defective brush; which launched what became a campaign effort to reach Rimmel London customer service. Additionally, the jenky purple polish I am wearing in the video is another shade of Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro. I had to choose between repainting my nails before filming and opening the Lancome package ASAP. Obviously opening the box won.

Anyways, it seems like I am destined to be disappointed with Rimmel. More on that topic tomorrow..

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment