Monday, April 9, 2012

Truvía Natural Sweetener



I just can't go back to drinking things sweetened with chemicals after trying Truvia. The craziest thing to me is how Truvia is so subtle; the fact that it doesn't do too much is why I love it. 

Truvia whispers in my ear - Oooooh Sweet Nothings. :)

Here is my original taste test of the Truvia sample I recieved from Influenster:


So after trying Truvia in my coffee and bringing a few packs over to my grandparents house for my family; the boyfriend and I got to thinking. Fresh strawberries dipped in Truvia (just like is pictured on the box) would be the perfect lunch box snack. I just picked up a 40 packet box at Walgreens. 


Price-wise, Truvia was 2.99 (on sale from $3.99) for a box of 40 packets. There was a box of 140 packets of Sweet-n-Low next to it for the same price. Splenda was similarly priced for 100 pouches.  

The thing about Truvia is that one packet contains 3.5 times the volume of Splenda or Sweet-n-Low. The competing brands have 1 gram packets, while Truvia packets are 3.5 grams. 

A box of 140 Sweet-n-Low packets is equivalent in weight to 40 packets of Truvia. To me, that justifies the higher price per pouch. Regardless, the difference in taste is well worth a higher price.


I hope you get a chance to try out Truvia, tell me about your experiences and likes/dislikes about Truvia and other artificial sweeteners in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment