Monday, April 30, 2012

Zappos.com

I love Zappos.com... The backstory of how the company was created, how they treat their employees, their hiring practices that ensure the right people get jobs - their entire outlook on business is commendable in my opinion.

Zappos customer service is second to none, and as a consumer I happily pay for products from them even if I could find them for slightly cheaper elsewhere. I find tremendous value in supporting businesses that conduct themselves properly in the above ways. 

Watch my video about my collection of shoes from Zappos, and hear about my experience with returning a sub-standard pair of shoes made by Ole'Ion. 



Not only did Zappos quickly replace the poor quality shoes that I received originally, the customer service representatives that I engaged with had so much character. The shoes I ordered originally were out of stock making it impossible for them to replace, and that was obviously an embarrassment to Zappos. 

That situation could be steered a number of ways that would affect my opinion of the company. The way that Zappos handled it was casual and informal; acknowledging their regret for being out of stock and still resolving the problem. I got an e-mail directing me to choose any equal or lesser value pair of shoes instead of the out of stock pair (normal correspondence in this case), and it was signed by Captain Anomaly. I found that quite humorous and won't forget it.

Anywho, Zappos took my disappointment and turned it around into a positive story I've found myself sharing with quite a few people. Most of those I've talked to already know how great Zappos is and share with me stories about having ordered something Tuesday morning and it arriving Wednesday afternoon, etc. 

If you like to shop online or need a new pair of shoes, I recommend that you check out Zappos.com. You will not be disappointed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment